Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hoodie Hug

This week James got even older. To celebrate he got some teen wear - another hoodie. This one is made from 100 weight fleece (which is their lightest but actually it is still quite thick) from Malden Mills. It has a lower nap on one side (MM call it velour), and I chose that for the outside. The main thing, which isn't really apparent from the pictures, is that the garment is better stitched together than the first one. I could pretend this is due to an improvement in skill but in reality my stitches took a big step change for the better upon purchase of the "new" sewing machine almost a year ago. I had to re-trace the pattern since the previous tracing was used up making the pertex top pattern. The sleeves are shortened about an inch compared to the last one, but I forgot to lengthen the back so ended up cheating the hem a bit to make up.

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

That came out great! Hoodies are so popular with kids. I need to try to make one for my own teenager.