Sunday, January 08, 2006

The 4th thing

A sweatshirt which fits a James!

Kwik Sew 3045

Cut size medium, adding 3 inches to the body and 4 inches to the arms. Also made the bottom an inch smaller than the chest.

Couldn't be bothered with interfacing the pocket edge. That, I suppose, is why it looks a bit baggy after James has thrust his hands in the pocket - but I don't think that "real" hooded tops have interfacing there, so why should mine?

I tried using the overlock stitch but it kind of made the edges fan out, so I also did a straight stretch stitch on each seam. I did two rows of stitching on all hems and the pocket edges - not sure why - I think it looks nicer.

Review

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your work is just incredible and so VERY useful,
love Mumsy. We are most amused, especially by the
skeleton PJs.